Trevor Hopkins came from the Bristol area, and in 1936 moved to India to work for Walter Bushnell Ltd, Consulting Opthalmic Opticians in Calcutta. He was a keen photographer and compiled 2 albums during his time in India. In July 1939, he joined the army of reserve officers. Immediately after WW2, he was involved in the post-war commission in Berlin.
In 1944 Trevor Hopkins married Audrey Lewis and changed his name to Lewis-Hopkins. On his return to the UK, he started his own optical business in Bristol, where he worked until his retirement. The couple lived at 52 Old Sneed Avenue, Stoke Bishop, Bristol. Trevor died c.1993 and Audrey in 2010, and their only son Clive died in 2013. Trevor Lewis-Hopkins ashes were interred at Chewton Keynsham where he grew up (see photograph of his home in 2017/002/1/1).
There are further records about Trevor Lewis-Hopkins and his wife Audrey in Bristol Archives (accession no. 45738).